FPS Drops on my Helios 300 RTx 2060 (2020) model

Mpr12
Mpr12 Member Posts: 1 New User
I purchased the Helios 300 in the month of October 2020...I kept it fully updated till February 2021, then i had to go out of town for about 2 months and there the internet was terrible so didnt update at all...
Note all games ran fine till then and i suffered no fps drops... Valorant gave like 200-230+ fps on max settings...and I played other games like Assassins Creed odessey and Rocket League and CSGO but all gave gave constant fps and good without frame drops or stutter...
I came back home in April 2nd week and updated my Laptop when i got good wifi at home...
Since then all games suffer fps drops and very high drops at that...idk what to do...
Can somebody help me fix this ???

Answers

• MarcoBs98
    MarcoBs98 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have the same model and I purchased it at the same time as you, I also have frame drops, specially while playing COD Cold War. When I sstart playing I have like 90-110 fps and suddenly it drops to 20+, it's very annoying and I haven't found a way to fix it, beacuse I'd notive that when I turn on and off the turbo mode, it fixes for like 1 minute and then it drops to 20 again
  • dcetinol84
    dcetinol84 Member Posts: 31 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    I have some strange issues since April too. Temps getting higher, power throttling limit is being reduced etc. I believe it is something to do with latest Windows Update (I can't prove it). I don't know how I could fix this tho :(

I am using ThrottleStop and everything was perfect up until recently. Undervolting was working, temperatures were fine, Cinebench Score was over 3000 etc.
  • Eton
    Eton Member Posts: 4 New User
    I had the same problem. i have my laptop for 6months already. everything went well until the month of february that it started having fps problems. any game suddenly drops to 30fps. you have to turn on turbo mode and then turn it off. Doing that makes the frames goe back to normal. but after a few seconds, the frames just drop again and i have to repeat the turbo thingy again it's just annoying. 

i followed undervolting from this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8ELFKMXeJQ)
    it dropped my temps a lot with gaming, but again the problem still exists. is there a fix for this because there are lots of us with the same laptop and we are suffering with this problem. Im just bummed out that this item is too expensive and yet we experience these problems.