A210 won't upgrade to Jelly Bean

Options
2»

Answers

• hughjaas
    hughjaas Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

fmmagyar wrote:

Thank you.  I have downloaded and extracted to mscard.  I have followed instructions to hold down volume button and release power button first vibration.  Have tried tohold down volume button for second vibration but in some cases it was very qiuick or not at all.  How long is this suppose to take for the vibration and the to get the kernel to appear.   I have in th epast gotton as far as safe mode and no more.  Approximatel  how long to wait for eac step, perhaps i am not being patient enough.

Volume down is to the left if you are holding it in landscape mode. It goes pretty fast.

• fmmagyar
    fmmagyar Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Held the left side down and got a good first vibration and a good second vibration. After second vibration went into safe mode while I switched to right side volume button and held for a good 4 minutes and nothing else happened.  I am at a loss as t what is th eproblem.  Am i doing it right?  There have been several ways mentioned and I have tried them bu to no avail.  Could there be something wrong with my A210?

• hughjaas
    hughjaas Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

I think you are doing it correctly. The words "Booting recovery kernel" is very small and will show up in a few seconds. If it takes longer than 10 seconds to do everything you're doing it wrong.

• fmmagyar
    fmmagyar Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thank you. Still have no luck in updating.  Get as far as safe mode and thats it.  I think the problem is with the software.  There is no update.exe file and that is the eproblem.  seems to me that Acer should update it software to help us but I think I am preaching to the choir.  So does anybody out there have the software downlaod with the update.exe file?  Would really appreciate getting the software version.

This discussion has been closed.