Space bar pressing down too long on new Acer Aspire 5

TheCodedMaster
TheCodedMaster Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
    I am a Geometry Dash player at heart (don't ask why I like it, I don't even know.) For some reason, I've noticed that my space bar, when I press it down or hold it, always seems to think that I'm holding it for a fourth of a second more. This may not seem like much, but when you're doing some of the really hard levels (why am I using Geometry Dash as my main incentive) it makes a ton of a difference. I'm only able to tell when the level I'm playing includes ship, robot, or wave game mode - any game mode that requires you to hold the button instead of single clicks. It's barely noticeable, but my space bar always holds for more than necessary (I know it's not me being bad because I've beaten the level I can't get past 14% on before.) I just got this laptop yesterday, and I was wondering if there are any answers to this. I have a slim Acer Aspire 5, and it's renewed (probably the basis of all of my problems.) Thanks in advance, and trust me when I say I'll be checking this page often for questions and answers. Can anyone help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,832 Trailblazer
    Keyboard controllers typically have slower response times than using mouse or game controllers. If you check the steam forums you'll see that most seriously heavy duty gamers use the mouse or game controllers for this very reason. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ