Following recent Win 10 updates my Bluetooth has stopped working - Aspire A315-54

Refue11er
Refue11er Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops

Aspire A315-54 - Bluetooth no longer works.  I have followed every rectification action i could find.  I have even undertaken the MS peer to peer tech support who confirmed that the issue lies with the incompatibility of the Acer driver with Win 10.  The laptops download section offers drivers from 2019..... which are unable to work with the latest version of Win 10.  Is there an updated driver? i can use which will allow the Bluetooth to work again?  Basically i am unable to get my external speakers to work and am also struggling with getting them working using a 'docking' lead.

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,088 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Does bluetooth appear in the device manager and here?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Refue11er
    Bluetooth does not appear in the notifications section.  In settings > devices, when i select 'Add Bluetooth or other device' I select Bluetooth and get told to switch on Bluetooth which i cannot do.  When i check device manager the Bluetooth is listed as a USB Bluetooth module (which of course it is not) with a yellow triangle and have the message that it is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).  From that point all the deleting drivers, updating drivers restarting etc etc does not work.  I have no roll back option.  I have updated with the drivers from the Acer site still get the yellow triangle etc.  The laptop has been close to being used as a frisbee several times as i enter a circular argument of updating driver due to a driver issue with that not fixing the issue.  The speakers work as i can Blue tooth connect form my Android phone absolutely no issue.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,088 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Refue11er
    Drum rollllllllllllll................... SUCCESS.  Currently listening to some Trance music at full volume on my Bluetooth speaker and a beaming smile.  You sir are a star.  Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.