Acer Predator PH317-52-72YW not turning on

Options
Lazlo1503
Lazlo1503 Member Posts: 3 New User
Laptop won't charge or turn on,battery has a weird clicking noise,should this model be able to work with the battery disconected or I have to buy a new one?(mine dosent work without the battery so I was wondering if it's the motherboard or the battery).

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Lazlo1503,

Try to charge the unit for some time and check for a blue/orange light indication.

1. Orange light indication indicates unit running under low battery power.

2. Blue light indication indicates unit is charged.

Answers

• Lazlo1503
    Options
    Lazlo1503 said:
    Laptop won't charge or turn on,battery has a weird clicking noise,should this model be able to work with the battery disconected or I have to buy a new one?(mine dosent work without the battery so I was wondering if it's the motherboard or the battery).

It was actually the battery(the motherboard is intact) so if anyone has problems with this model keep in mind that if the battery is dead/disconnected the laptop is completely dead(no charging lights,no turning on).
  • Easwar
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi Lazlo1503,

Try to charge the unit for some time and check for a blue/orange light indication.

• Lazlo1503
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Hi Lazlo1503,

It was the battery that died,after changing it everything is back to normal.
  • Easwar
    Options
    Hi Lazlo1503,

Good to know that.
This discussion has been closed.