Regular pocessor trotlig Aspire 5 A515-56G

Michael1242p
Michael1242p Member Posts: 6 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi everyone! I have one serious problem. When the processor is loaded, its temperature rises to 95 degrees before the cooler has time to turn on, after this, the temperatures drop, but nevertheless, with each load, there is such a drop and throttling, this is clearly seen in stress tests on screenshots. I'm sure this is a software bug. Does anyone know what

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

to do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Other than CPUID test behavior, what real-world programs or games are displaying throttling behavior before the fan kicks in? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Michael1242p
    If you open 15-20 google tabs or any other load on the processor, I use my laptop in office programs like ms word/excel/ and google and HINFO always register trotling... 
  • JackE
    Only 20 google tabs? And office apps running too? How about a virus scanner?   Yes, I expect the CPU should be overheating and throttling to protect the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Michael1242p
    It is not constantly throttling, it is throttling only 10-15 seconds before it resets the CPU frequency to 2.4. Also, this laptop has a terrible cooling system, I run some custom tests on Cinebench R23 and results on full power test (4 cores/4 threads) and in my settings (4 cores)) was
    1) 4215 (4 cores/4 threads)   CPU frequency -- 2.4    temperature - 60degrees
    2) 3802 (4 cores)                 CPU frequency -- 3.4     temperature - 80degrees
    So I can say that the CPU can work on a near-normal frequency only on 4 cores (without threads), because of the terrible cooling system which can`t normally 
    chill CPU.
    And also Aser has done the same cooling system on laptops with i3 i5 and i7, I think you understand that there is existing difference with heat release i3 and i7 and Acer cut near 50% of i5 power and 60% of i7 power and there is no difference with i3 which work normally and i5 which have been cut. And to addition. But the biggest gripe with the Acer is that they didn't make a separate cooler to cool the discrete graphics card. 

in one word I would not recommend to anyone Acer aspire, 5 models,
    Thanks for reading that
  • JackE
    You're worrying or  fretting too much over universal benchmarking freeware. Worry more about realworld performance with real world applications. I suggest that you try to cut way back on the number of applications and tabs you have running all at once. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Michael1242p,

May I know the model name of your unit.
  • Michael1242p

Acer Aspire 5 A515-56G-58NL

• JackE
    Cut back on the number of apps and tabs you have running all at once especially if using Chrome browswer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Michael1242p
    I need to cut number of tabs on the i5 CPU? Mayby for better work I need download windows XP?
    *it is just sarcasm*
  • JackE
    20 open browser tabs or sessions seems  excessive. And chrome makes it worse. How about trying another more efficient browser like FireFox? Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ