CPU fan starts at max speed for 2 seconds and then stops when laptop is off at interval acer e5-575

SirDucas
SirDucas Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
hello,
i have an acer e5-575g with 7th gen i5. for some months my computer has had a strange problem with the fan: when I shut down the system and the computer turns off completely, the fan runs at maximum speed for about 2 seconds. I thought it is normal, but the strangest thing is that, when the pc is off, if I lift or close the laptop screen the fan runs again, always for 2 seconds and then stops. it is as if the laptop screen open / close sensor is sending a signal to the fan sensor. and the strangest thing is that, always with the pc off, the fan, at intervals of about 2 minutes, continues to spin for 2 seconds and then turns off, repeating itself endlessly until the battery runs out. another thing i noticed, is that if i turn off the laptop with the power adapter attached, the fan does the same thing but never stops, until i unplug the power adapter. during this, if i unplug the power adapter, it returns to normal but the fan always starts spinning again at intervals of 2 minutes for 2 seconds as i explained first.
when i use laptop for work or for anything else, this never happen, in fact while turned on laptop works normally and thats fine. the problem is that the fan scares me when spins at maximum speed for 2 seconds every 2 minutes, so i have to bring the laptop in another room during night 'cause i cant sleep with these noises.

I would normally think it is a hardware problem, but the fact that the fan runs at 2 minute intervals makes me believe it is a software problem, maybe some bios update gone wrong or some bad software that manages the switching on and off of the fan, for example some intel management software. i read that it can be also a problem of Intel's Management Engine (IME) v11, and doing a downgrade can helps.
i also have another partition with manjaro linux os for work, and i thought that the problem can be there, maybe some conflicts with hard drive, idk.

sorry for my bad english

i write some specs of my laptop:
bios version: 1.47
cpu: Intel Core i5-7200U
memory: DDR4 SDRAM 8 gb

can anyone give me some advice? how can i proceed? can i resolve the problem just doing a system reset? i never tried reset cause i had no time for backup everything but if i can solve in this way i will do it. thanks everyone

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Jok3r7070
    Jok3r7070 Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited May 2021
    Original (Italian)
    prova a reinstallare i driver del chipset 
    li puoi trovare qui

Translation
    try reinstalling the chipset drivers
    you can find them here

[Thread edited to translate the content]
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    SirDucas, i really recommend you make some time, to backup your info and do some testing or troubleshooting because you need to get to understand at least if this is a hardware or software issues or "possible causes", i confess that this is very strange and its the 1st time i hear these type of issue.I will also recommend you make a small video showing this behavior of your unit, so if you have to send it for repair, you can share that video as proof and also should help the technicians with duplicating it etc. (remember if they are not able to duplicate the issues, the unit will be returned as it was received). so with my previous experiences those are my suggestions, go to the Acer official site and make sure that you have the originals drivers and latest BIOS v.1.47 before resetting the unit to factory settings or anything else, good luck ;)

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★