XB272 240z Lag when gaming?

Saltymuch
Saltymuch Member Posts: 4 New User
Hello. I have had this monitor for 4 months now and have had no problems with it, but recently for some reason it has been tearing and lagging recently in every game I play. I tried turning g-sync on, off, adjusting the hz down to 144 and it still doesnt fix it. The issue has only been going on for the past week and I have had no hardware changes. anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Take a look at the rest of the system. Normally those types of issues are traced back to either something running in the background or some other change. Did you get a recent antivirus update? When the issue happens is your disk usage hitting 100%?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Saltymuch
    billsey said:
    Take a look at the rest of the system. Normally those types of issues are traced back to either something running in the background or some other change. Did you get a recent antivirus update? When the issue happens is your disk usage hitting 100%?
    I did get a recent update for malwarebytes, I can try completely disabling it and playing again. I just went and played a game on valorant and was checking out my resource monitor and my disk usage never went above 10%. CPU Stayed below 50%, same with ram, and GPU temps were fine.

Only other thing I could think of is that I got a second monitor recently (Acer Xb273K GP) Could that have something to do with it?

• Saltymuch
    anyone else have a clue on what to do?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    What happened when you tried with Malwarebytes off?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Saltymuch
    billsey said:
    What happened when you tried with Malwarebytes off?
    Uninstalled it, and nothing happened. Made sure all cables are tight and in place. Nothing changed. Unplugged my other monitor, nothing changed.