Replacing mouse button on g9-593-721u

sagebomb
sagebomb Member Posts: 2 New User
Had my predator for about 2 years, basically everything is fine, but the head of the rubber cup on my left mouse button seems to have broken off (Its noticeably shorter than the rubber cup under the right mouse button). The click stilll works fine, it just doesn't spring up to normal position like all the other buttons, and thus the tactile feel is way off. Unlike other keys which have the cup in the clip, under the mouse buttons the cup is standalone in the middle of the button between two clips. It seems an easy enough fix if I can get the cup. 

When I contacted the national acer parts supplier (With model number and whats happened), they replied saying I would need to replace the entire touchpad. Which dosent make sense to me, since the mouse buttons are not part of the touch pad itself, and seem very accessible to fix. Is it possible to replace just a cup, and if so, would it be possible to use one from ordering another key kit. I havent seen any sites selling acer predator mouse buttons, but basically every other button.

Answers

• Have you disassembled the laptop, to check if the touchpad eraser is just worn out?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sagebomb
    sagebomb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have you disassembled the laptop, to check if the touchpad eraser is just worn out?
    (Yes I see in this light its overdue for an open and clean to take care of dust, so will grab stuff for that next time I am in town), but this image (sorry not sure about resizing here) shows what I mean the left cup is broken on top, and the right one looks normal). Can I replace just that piece or do I need more. 

• It's just a suggestion: maybe you can use a few layers of electrical tape over this button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)