My Predator helios 300 PH317-51 will not install upgrades or factory reset.

Options
Kevin_Slade
Kevin_Slade Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
Predator PH317-51 its a 2018 model

I went through almost every troubleshooting and the computer refuses to install/upgrade. So i thought i just need to factory reset it but an error appears and the factory reset doesnt take place.

I tried:

1.uninstalling all windows upgrades, restarted and tried to download again.
2.ran the windows upgrade troubleshooting and fixed mistakes
3. tried again and still same result

1a Followed steps to shutdown and restart the windows upgrade servicehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/error-error-0x80070057/77a741d7-3794-47d5-8e5b-6ebf24c1db61
Same outcome.

I just tried to manually install the upgrade and it refuses to install. It tries to download and install the same 3 upgrades but get Download Error - 0x800700c1
I had the registry scanned and there is no errors detected.

I tried to do a system restore and a factory reset and gives error and everything remains the same.

The only virus software is window defender 

I tried to install acer care center but it says i do not meet system requirements...

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Kevin_Slade
    Kevin_Slade Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Just attempted a scan in the command prompt " Windows Resource Protection could not perform requested operation"
  • Ro46
    Ro46 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Which error was presented when you tried to factory reset? Have you tried to restore from a restore point? control panel> Recovery > Open system restore 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi Kevin_Slade,

I am not sure how you reset but check this way,

# Reset the unit, (It will remove all the data--->Unit goes to Day 1 of default version)

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Press and hold Alt+F10 keys(without releasing the keys) ---> Trun ON the unit. 
    3. You will get a blue screen(Title Choose an option). (Release the keys)
    4. Click troubleshoot option.
    5. Click on Reset this PC.
    6. Go with the option (Keep my files/Remove every thing)
    7. Then follow the on screen instruction. 

Check this T/S and post the result. 
  • Zomb1ek1tty92
    Zomb1ek1tty92 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Has anyone had any success in resetting this laptop? I have tried everything with no luck
  • twannyriverz45
    twannyriverz45 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

im having the same issue i cant figure out how to reset this thing. ive reset it about 15 different times

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,657 Trailblazer
    Options

Hope you did not try to upgrade to Windows11 as your BIOS/MBO is 5 years that and does not support W11. You wrote "I had the registry scanned and there is no errors detected." There is no Windows app that scans the Windows registry only the SFC command that scans some system files, did you use "PC Cleaner" or some other 3rd party freeware perhaps? To me this looks like a BIOS or hardware problem, and I recommend bringing your laptop to Acer Services in your country to reset the system to factory defaults, reprogram the EEPROM/BIOS and load OEM Windows10. Acer usually charges a small service fee for that but if the HDD or RAM is bad that will need to be replaced.