Acer aspire 5 R7 keeps turning itself off

Dannyob1990
Dannyob1990 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Sorry not sure exactly where to ask this question. I bought a brand new acer aspire 5 earlier this week. Love it smooth and a definate upgrade from my old acer. Anyway for some reason every so often it will flash up woth a little menu of options such as power off, restart etc. This shows for a second or two then the laptop turns itself off? I thought maybe I'd knocked the power button at first but it isn't that and is happening often. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

Answers

• Dannyob1990
    Hi. It can happen at any point could be after five minutes or half an hour. I've been reading online about some screws could be loose on the underside. I think this could be the problem as it usually seems to happen if I move the laptop. Would you recommend tightening these screws or if not what else? Thank you
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi Dannyob1990,

# Power drain,

1)Unplug the AC power adapter.
    2)Press and hold the Power button down until the unit goes off. 
    3)Search for a pinhole on the backside of your laptop, insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole, press and hold it down for 25 seconds. Then release the paperclip and try to turn on the unit and check.​
  • what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dannyob1990
    Hi. It is an Acer ASP5 R7. It's getting worse if anything. I'll need to take it back tomorrow was hoping I wouldn't have to, not a great start with my new laptop 😂 
  • Jordi_O
    Jordi_O Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
    Yes, I am very worried about these issues. My model is A515-556.   The hang-ups are absolutely random, 11 times in 3 months. Of course, resetting the unit, it works again fine until crushes again. No logs in windows. No dump files. Nothing to check! 
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Dannyob1990

If your PC is under warranty or still returnable, go return it or send it back to Acer. Do not try to repair it yourself as that may void the warranty.
  • first, try reinstalling windows by pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo. Then check to see if the problem still occurs.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)