Acer Predator Helios 300 g3-572-75 Overheating (but is different this time)

Options
LeafarR
LeafarR Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi everyone,

I'm writing because I couldn't find any info related to my specific case. And I'm also reposting this because I think I created the topic in the wrong place before (Predador Den).

I recently bought a used Acer Predator Helios 300 g3-572-75 and I'm finding the temperatures too high. Already cleaned it up, repasted and applied CPU (i7 7700HQ) undervolt. Without undervolting it stays in 70ºc in idle state, when gaming or runing Kombustor vulkan test it goes to 95/98ºc. With undervolting with Throttlestop it decreses to 50/60ºc in idle state and 88/92ºc while gaming. On an environment with 20ºc.

I was about to undervolt the GPU but I think the voltage is already low so I would like to confirm with you guys what voltage values you get with your laptops with the same configuration. My GPU (GTX 1060) keeps at 0.56v in idle at 140Mhz/200Mhz (GPU/Mem). Running Kombustor vk test for a few minutes it goes to 0.77/0.73v and 95.5/96º at 1700Mhz/2003.4Mhz (GPU/Mem). I don't now if it is save to undervolt over this values that seems to be already low when I compare with what I'm seeing on the internet.

The previous owner lost the charger brick and replaced it with one with slightly different specs than the original: 180w / 19v / 9.5A. My suspicion is that this charger brick could be implicating in the overheat. When I run it on the battery the temp decreases almost 20/30º but the performance gets lowered too. I could try to buy another power brick but it would be a shot in the dark.

My older Avell/Clevo laptop with a 860M and an i7 4710MQ never goes this hot. I'm really upset about this purchase. I cannot return it so I think I'll have resell it.

Any advice is very welcomed. Thank you.

Answers

• LeafarR
    LeafarR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    And not a single word was given. I'm selling this device before it melts in my hands.