How does one register as a tester in order to update my Acer Iconia Tab A200 to Android 11 beta?

machuzakmachuzak Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 21 in Tablets
I would like to upgrade my Acer Iconia Tab A200 to the latest Android OS.  I am a novice astronomer and would like to install the SkySafari 6 Pro app, but this app requires at least Android 4.4, Kitkat.  My Acer Iconia Tab A200 tablet presently has Android 4.03, Ice Cream, Image Version Acer_AV041_A200_RV10RC01_PA_Cus1.  I understand that if I am registered as a tester or developer, then I should be able to download the Android 11 beta, but I would be happy with Android 4.4 or higher.  Would someone be able to help?  Many thanks! 

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,891 Trailblazer
    The A200 is old enough (vintage 2012 IIRC) that it is very unlikely Google will support running any of their current OS versions... I don't think Acer ever upgraded it past 4.03, 4.0 was an upgrade to the original 3.2 that was shipped with it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • machuzakmachuzak Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 21
    Hi billsey,
    Yes, I agree.  There seems to be some third party zip files that may have been pulled together by expert programmers.  Just wondering if any are worth trying if I could even find them on the web.  Thanks again, 
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 16,891 Trailblazer
    We typically try to steer users clear of those types of modified versions. There's no guaranty someone hasn't placed malware in them.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.