Display Port Not Connecting to Predator XB273K Monitor

Kuroiikawa
Kuroiikawa Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi, new owner of a Predator monitor and while I really do love the display quality so far, I've had a hell of a time trying to get the monitor to work while connected via DP. I currently have it connected to my laptop via HDMI and it's been working well, but I'd like to use GSync and it seems that the function only works when connected with the Display Port. However, whenever I try to do so the monitor doesn't display anything, while my computer detects the display but shows it as disabled. I thought maybe downloading the Acer Display Widget might help but no dice. Any help or insight onto this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Even with the adapter you won't be able to enable gsync I'm afraid :( that needs an extra control channel which is only available in display port 1.2 or hdmi 2.1 . Adapters only shape the content, but don't generally enable apadate specific features 

Is it an active adapter with USB to power it or a passive one with just a hdmi on one end and a dp on the other? If it's the latter and just a passive one, it could be that that 1050 isn't outputting a signal that it can understand 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,688 Trailblazer
    What GPU is on the computer you are trying to connect? Is it directly DP or do you have a convertor in line? Have you tried a different cable?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Kuroiikawa
    billsey said:
    What GPU is on the computer you are trying to connect? Is it directly DP or do you have a convertor in line? Have you tried a different cable?
    I'm running an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 atm. I have a converter (HDMI Male to DP Female) connected, but it's worked no problems with other devices. I've tried multiple wires, but no dice.
  • Leostat
    Answer ✓
    Even with the adapter you won't be able to enable gsync I'm afraid :( that needs an extra control channel which is only available in display port 1.2 or hdmi 2.1 . Adapters only shape the content, but don't generally enable apadate specific features 

Is it an active adapter with USB to power it or a passive one with just a hdmi on one end and a dp on the other? If it's the latter and just a passive one, it could be that that 1050 isn't outputting a signal that it can understand 
  • Kuroiikawa
    Leostat said:

There is a usb component to the adapter and I have been using it, but if it is as you say and I won't be able to activate G-Sync even if I get it to work then I guess I'm out of luck lol. I don't suppose there's any sort of workaround I could use to enable G-Sync with only an HDMI port available?
  • Leostat
    Afraid not :( it only recently became a feature of hdmi 2.1
  • Kuroiikawa
    I see, thank you for your help!
This discussion has been closed.