Helios 300 (2020) PH315-53 Random Black Screen

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,519 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Helios 300 (2020) PH315-53 Random Black Screen.

Best Answer

• TUNEZQUAD
    TUNEZQUAD Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm going to do everybody that is found this post a SOLID right now because I had this exact same issue symptom with my 2-year-old 2020 Acer Preditor Helios 300. Nothing suggested online worked except I tried this finally and got mine working without any BSD issues afterwards.

Go to windows search bar and type in CMD to bring up Command Prompt, next right click it on the menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Now your screen should look like this below with this window in it:

Now inside Command Prompt type the following:

sfc /scannow

Then push the enter key.

Let the scan run it will repair any corrupt files in your windows installation. This fixed my issue and it should fix yours also! Good luck!

Answers

• HidrateOrca
    HidrateOrca Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    No one had a solution to this? The same thing is happening to my wife's laptop and we can't figure it out. It has happened twice so far and the only way we were able to get the screen working again is by turning it on and off then plugging/unplugging the charger. Battery was about half its life or a little less and it was unplugged from the charger both times this happened. This last time, the brightness of her screen suddenly got really bright before going black. 

Please help us, thank you
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does this problem occur suddenly or just when you put windows to hibernate or suspend? What is the version of the bios? Does the same problem occur when disabling fastboot in bios and fast startup in windows power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HidrateOrca
    HidrateOrca Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Does this problem occur suddenly or just when you put windows to hibernate or suspend? What is the version of the bios? Does the same problem occur when disabling fastboot in bios and fast startup in windows power options?
    Thank you for your quick response!
    The problem occurs at random when she's doing homework/browsing. Bios version is the most recent one, last update in 7/2019. We disabled fastboot in both of them and will let you know if it continues to happen.

Thank you again for your quick response, it's very much appreciated
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Does the problem still occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Q32
    Q32 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I received a Predator PH315-53 for Christmas, 2020. A fabulous machine, up to now. I am currently also experiencing the random blacked out screen when browsing, etc. My info is as follows:

PH315-53-72XD 
    MFG Date: 2020/07/22

What can I do to resolve this? Its fairly frustrating, and while just starting to happen, today its done this 6 times already. Also, my keyboard will not light up while my screen is black, and is completely unresponsive.

Thanks in advance
  • TUNEZQUAD
    TUNEZQUAD Member Posts: 1 New User
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm going to do everybody that is found this post a SOLID right now because I had this exact same issue symptom with my 2-year-old 2020 Acer Preditor Helios 300. Nothing suggested online worked except I tried this finally and got mine working without any BSD issues afterwards.

Go to windows search bar and type in CMD to bring up Command Prompt, next right click it on the menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.

Now your screen should look like this below with this window in it:

Now inside Command Prompt type the following:

sfc /scannow

Then push the enter key.

Let the scan run it will repair any corrupt files in your windows installation. This fixed my issue and it should fix yours also! Good luck!