My Acer swith 7 (SW713-51GNP) won't go to sleep.

System
System Member Posts: 4,513 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: My Acer swith 7 (SW713-51GNP) won't go to sleep..

Answers

• boethiah
    boethiah Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Hello peeps, back to the main topic, the keyboard lights up and preventing the screen from turning off according to the timer which I set to 1 minute. Looks like it cannot turn off due to the keyboard keep on light up signaling that the keyboard is present/activated. Sleep mode can be toggled manually by pressing the sleep key/button. Even at the windows startup login/lockscreen, it won't turn off screen the automatically according to timer. Recently, I found out that after signing out of my microsoft account, on the login/lockscreen, the screen will turn off after 1 minute (which I had set). and when I log back in, the problem occurs again, won't turn off screen after 1 minute. Is there anything to do with laptop users or permissions? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    You have an app or driver running that doesn't play well with others. It's not responding to the sleep request so the system can't go down far enough.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • boethiah

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    You have an app or driver running that doesn't play well with others. It's not responding to the sleep request so the system can't go down far enough.
    I don't really know which one is not running well. Last time I had disabled the Intel Smart Sound driver to solve the BSOD keep on happening. For the laptop won't turn off the screen, I just had to roll back to previous version of Windows 10, that's all.
  • boethiah

Tinkerer

boethiah said:
    billsey said:
    I don't really know which one is not running well. Last time I had disabled the Intel Smart Sound driver to solve the BSOD keep on happening. For the laptop won't turn off the screen, I just had to roll back to previous version of Windows 10, that's all.
    Actually, when I reset laptop, the windows version is 2004, while as I remembered that my laptop would go to sleep on the version 1902 if I'm not mistaken, so my laptop reset and only roll back until version 2004, not older. So, still won't go to sleep automatically following the timer.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Try bumping up to 20H2, they may have rolled a fix in and the 21H1 update isn't out quite yet.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.