Aspire 6935: Windows 10 and multimedia touch buttons

frariky
frariky Member Posts: 20 Networker
Hi all,
I installed Windows 10 x64 on the Aspire 6935 (Model n. LF2)
Everything it is working but not the left hand side multimedia touch buttons (play, stop, volume up and down, mute etc).
Does anyone know how to make this working?
Thank you 

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    There are other driver tools, some freeware, that you can try. While DriverBooster is one of the  best, some folks have reported others were moresuccessful for older machines. The 6935 debuted nearly 15 years ago and considered sort of an antique, not just old, by laptop standards. So it's reasonable to expect that certain proprietary hardware features that depend on software drivers geared to WinVista or Win7 might be lost. I think you've done very well with Win10 if these touch issues are the only things lost that you've found so far.  Other users, including myself, with even Win8x vintage machines haven't been so  fortunate.   :) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Those features were part of the drivers for ACER-specific version of Win7 & WinVista. You might be able to get them to work by installing the ACER WinVista touch drivers in Win10's WinVista or Win7 compatibility mode downloaded from this link. If not, you might also try installing iobit's DriverBooster freeware to see if it'll pick up any Win10 compatible touch drivers on line. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frariky
    Thank you for your answer.
    Do you mean the following driver in the Vista driver section:

Touchpad Driver

Date:

2008/12/04

Version:

Vendor:

Synaptics

Size:

11.9 MB

• JackE
    Yes. Before you try it, first open Device Manager to see if you see any red or yellow warnings and report back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frariky
    Thanks again.
    All tidy in device manager, no warnings
  • JackE
    OK. First try installing the driver directly. If it doesn't go, then try installing in either WinVista or Win7 compatibility mode. If still no joy, then DriverBooster. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• frariky
    I tried all the combination and nothing.
    Thanks anyway
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    There are other driver tools, some freeware, that you can try. While DriverBooster is one of the  best, some folks have reported others were moresuccessful for older machines. The 6935 debuted nearly 15 years ago and considered sort of an antique, not just old, by laptop standards. So it's reasonable to expect that certain proprietary hardware features that depend on software drivers geared to WinVista or Win7 might be lost. I think you've done very well with Win10 if these touch issues are the only things lost that you've found so far.  Other users, including myself, with even Win8x vintage machines haven't been so  fortunate.   :) Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• frariky
    Thank you for your support and understanding :)
  • JackE
    Good luck with using Win10 on it.   :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.