Acer Travel Mate 2313 Lci

1942Jon
1942Jon Member Posts: 7 New User
edited May 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
With Windows 8 all works well, however when I install Windows 8.1 I get a Blue Screen of death. When I remove the Wireless LAN card it then works without a problem.

Comments / a work around please 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Do you have the blue screen stop code? And does it happen straight away? 

My guess is  abad driver, you could try uninstalling it through device manager, upgrading, then letting it pick it up and install it for you
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>>a work around please  >>>

Install Win10. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1942Jon
    JackE said:

Install Win10. Jack E/NJ
    JackE Tried that before I got the Wireless LAN Card. It installs, on reboot I get the Blue Screen of DeathLeostat said:

My guess is  abad driver, you could try uninstalling it through device manager, upgrading, then letting it pick it up and install it for you

• JackE
    If it boots Win8.1 & Win10 OK without the card, then simply replace the card. I suspect it'd now also blue screen in Win8 if you could go back, which you can't unless you made your own Win8 recovery stick.  These cards are super cheap these days. And you likely can get a much better card for about $25USD. What card is in there now. Post a phone photo including its label if possible.  We can probably recommend a replacement. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• 1942Jon
    1942Jon said:
    JackE said:

Install Win10. Jack E/NJ
    JackE Tried that before I got the Wireless LAN Card. It installs, on reboot I get the Blue Screen of DeathLeostat said:

Leostat any recommendations for location of drivers? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I don't have specs on the TravelMate 2313, which WiFi card is in it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    You probably need to replace the card. What card is in there now?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    edited May 2021
    Get us the name of the card (pop the bottom off if there isn't warranty stickers, it will have one or two wires going to it, little rectangle like chip) and we can have a look for the right driver :)