possible hardware upgrade now for Aspire V5-591G-78PJ

AMP777
AMP777 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, I have an Aspire V 15 laptop (V5-591G-78PJ). I really like it and I want to upgrade regarding hardware side if it is possible. How can I boost it (HDD/SSD, CPU, GPU, cooling, etc.)?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    Replacing the 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SSD will give you the biggest speed increase per dollar. Next would be bumping the RAM up to a max of 32GB DDR4 sodimm 2133MHz speed or higher. The CPU/GPU are soldered to the mainboard and not replaceable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    AMP777 said:
    Hello, I have an Aspire V 15 laptop (V5-591G-78PJ). I really like it and I want to upgrade regarding hardware side if it is possible. How can I boost it (HDD/SSD, CPU, GPU, cooling, etc.)?

As JackE has suggested an SSD is the quickest and best way to improve speed per dollars for your laptop. Your V5-591G-78PJ can take both 2.5 inch SSD and a SATA M.2 SSD (B&M key type) SSD M.2 only drive. Improving the memory speed/timing to the appropriate and allowable memory modules of a max 32 GB at DDR4-2133 SODIMM max (2x 16GB DDR4-2133MHz into its 2x RAM slots) is another thing that you can do to greatly improve performance. If you intend to run Win-10 then a bios update to the version 1.15 - dated; 2018/10/18 - titled; Update Intel GOP to 9.0.1068 for new Win10 RS2 VGA driver support but always remember that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"! 

You can't change the CPU/GPU as these components are soldered onto the mainboard. With the cooling, repaste both the CPU/GPU's with a good and top quality paste and clean the fan (or replace if its faulty or not functioning 100%) and also use a tablet cooler to add and recirculate extra air into this laptop. That's about all that you can do but, you need to have expertise in disassembling laptops and know each and individual components function and to assemble this laptop together again, as there are lots of hidden barriers that could make this job more difficult than it looks. See the captions that I've included below for your reference, hope this helps and good luck and take care.

V5-591G with back cover removed and all the positions of upgradable components 

2.5 inch HDD                                                                                                     SATA M.2 SSD (B&M key type) SSD M.2 only

2x RAM slots 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Replacing the 2.5" HDD with a 2.5" SSD will give you the biggest speed increase per dollar. Next would be bumping the RAM up to a max of 32GB DDR4 sodimm 2133MHz speed or higher. The CPU/GPU are soldered to the mainboard and not replaceable. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    AMP777 said:

As JackE has suggested an SSD is the quickest and best way to improve speed per dollars for your laptop. Your V5-591G-78PJ can take both 2.5 inch SSD and a SATA M.2 SSD (B&M key type) SSD M.2 only drive. Improving the memory speed/timing to the appropriate and allowable memory modules of a max 32 GB at DDR4-2133 SODIMM max (2x 16GB DDR4-2133MHz into its 2x RAM slots) is another thing that you can do to greatly improve performance. If you intend to run Win-10 then a bios update to the version 1.15 - dated; 2018/10/18 - titled; Update Intel GOP to 9.0.1068 for new Win10 RS2 VGA driver support but always remember that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"! 

You can't change the CPU/GPU as these components are soldered onto the mainboard. With the cooling, repaste both the CPU/GPU's with a good and top quality paste and clean the fan (or replace if its faulty or not functioning 100%) and also use a tablet cooler to add and recirculate extra air into this laptop. That's about all that you can do but, you need to have expertise in disassembling laptops and know each and individual components function and to assemble this laptop together again, as there are lots of hidden barriers that could make this job more difficult than it looks. See the captions that I've included below for your reference, hope this helps and good luck and take care.

V5-591G with back cover removed and all the positions of upgradable components 

2.5 inch HDD                                                                                                     SATA M.2 SSD (B&M key type) SSD M.2 only

2x RAM slots 
This discussion has been closed.