Predator Helios 300 Webcam Degraded

Options
System
System Member Posts: 4,520 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Predator Helios 300 Webcam Degraded.

Answers

• macsb07
    macsb07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi
    I have the exact same issue with my Predator Helios 300 (bought in 2019). Pretty weird issue. When the cam is in poor quality/resolution, the webcam is stable, however, when the webcam is at its default resolution, any movement will cause it to snap and D/C.
  • formedsmoke
    formedsmoke Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    macsb07 said:
    Hi
    I have the exact same issue with my Predator Helios 300 (bought in 2019). Pretty weird issue. When the cam is in poor quality/resolution, the webcam is stable, however, when the webcam is at its default resolution, any movement will cause it to snap and D/C.
    It turns out that the hinge for the lid was *shredding* the cable that attaches the webcam to the motherboard.  I don't know how to fix it.  Acer quoted me a truly ludicrous amount of money to service it, with a multi-week timeline.

If you want to take a look at it yourself, it's the hinge over the power button- the one on your right, if you've got it open in front of you.  I'm betting you'll see that that cable is shredded for you, as well.  My webcam, and the attached mic, no longer work at all.  I haven't opened the case up to look at the damage further, but I expect the cable has been compromised beyond function.