Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G, Power button takes a really long press to turn on!!!

System
System Member Posts: 4,518 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
This discussion was created from comments split from: Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G, Power button takes a really long press to turn on!!!.

Answers

• sjbr98
    sjbr98 Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire A515-51G power button takes unusally long time to turn on.

This problem is occuring since 2019 November end and still persisting. When the computer is shut down, to turn it on, I have to long press the power button for more than 2 minutes. which is quite time consuming and irritating. But this wasn't the case when the Laptop was newly purchased in June 2019. At that time a single press would turn on the computer and a long press longer than 10 sec would force shut down the laptop.This setting was really comfortable to use. But sadly now the power button takes more than 2 minutes to turn on, even when the laptop is fully charged.

Troubleshooting tested:

Uninstall Battery Drivers and Restart Laptop          NO change
    Change Power Plan Settings                                     NO change
    Uninstall/Remove Latest Windows Update             NO change

I hope that the Acer community can help me find a solution to this problem.🤞
    I'm also facing same problem. How you resolved it? Please help.
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    I recommend you contact your local Acer support services since you have done the correct troubleshooting:

good luck

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★