Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G, Power button takes a really long press to turn on!!!

Options
DARKSTARK9000
DARKSTARK9000 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Acer Aspire A515-51G power button takes unusally long time to turn on.

This problem is occuring since 2019 November end and still persisting. When the computer is shut down, to turn it on, I have to long press the power button for more than 2 minutes. which is quite time consuming and irritating. But this wasn't the case when the Laptop was newly purchased in June 2019. At that time a single press would turn on the computer and a long press longer than 10 sec would force shut down the laptop.This setting was really comfortable to use. But sadly now the power button takes more than 2 minutes to turn on, even when the laptop is fully charged.

Troubleshooting tested:

Uninstall Battery Drivers and Restart Laptop          NO change
Change Power Plan Settings                                     NO change
Uninstall/Remove Latest Windows Update             NO change

I hope that the Acer community can help me find a solution to this problem.🤞

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    Press WIN+R. Enter msinfo32. What BIOS version number is listed? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• DARKSTARK9000
    DARKSTARK9000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JackE said:
    Press WIN+R. Enter msinfo32. What BIOS version number is listed? Jack E/NJ
    Sadly the laptop is not turning on............😬😰. I pressed the power button for a whole 10 minutes, it is not turning on. I tried pressing the power button in various frequency for the last 1.5 hours, it didn't turn on 😣. Only the charging indicator is on. Any help? Please
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options
    You must r make sure battery switch is fully depressed by the bottom cover. See image below. The switch is located just below the RAM modules. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ