battery does not charge - predator g5-793

Caioiwamoto
Caioiwamoto Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
guys, my notebook stopped charging energy in the battery, it was normal as every day and suddenly stopped charging, I already researched in forums, disassembled and connected the battery, updated the drivers, tested the source and nothing ... the battery will be gone? Can someone help me? in question of bios I can only update if I have 50% battery

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• An9e11
    An9e11 Member Posts: 4 New User
    How old is it?
    Have you tried to reset it? https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75
  • Caioiwamoto

Tinkerer

An9e11 said:
    How old is it?
    Have you tried to reset it? https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/75
    5 years... and I tried this method :/
  • An9e11
    An9e11 Member Posts: 4 New User
    If it's five years old, your battery is likely dead and in need of replacement.
    You can run a battery report by using the "powercfg /batteryreport" command in cmd.exe (you may need to open cmd.exe as an administrator).
    Afterwards, look in C:\Windows\System32 for your battery report and see what the max charge the battery will hold is.
    Alternatively you could check the voltage of the battery with a multimeter. Even when discharged, a laptop battery will still carry a charge (protective circuitry prevents it from fully discharging to avoid damage to the battery). If it's anything near zero, your battery is dead.
  • Caioiwamoto

Tinkerer

Digite seu comentário
  • Caioiwamoto

Tinkerer

An9e11 said:
    If it's five years old, your battery is likely dead and in need of replacement.
    You can run a battery report by using the "powercfg /batteryreport" command in cmd.exe (you may need to open cmd.exe as an administrator).
    Afterwards, look in C:\Windows\System32 for your battery report and see what the max charge the battery will hold is.
    Alternatively you could check the voltage of the battery with a multimeter. Even when discharged, a laptop battery will still carry a charge (protective circuitry prevents it from fully discharging to avoid damage to the battery). If it's anything near zero, your battery is dead.

so... My battery is dead?