Are there any compatible Higher Capacity Batteries For - Aspire 5, [A515-51G-56K9]

theprogamer007
theprogamer007 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire 5, [A515-51G-56K9]. It has a 15.2V 48Wh (3220mAh) battery which gives about 4+ hours backup on moderate use. Are there any compatible batteries with higher capacity (like maybe 6000mAh) than the stock one? I am only seeing either the stock or generic lesser capacity 2200mah batteries online. I think same voltage and connector with higher capacity of different models might work? There is some space to accommodate a thicker battery, but can't fit a longer length-wise is what I saw when installing an SSD.

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Sorry no. The AC14B3K & AC14B8K are likely the highest capacity that will fit inside the case. A power bank is usually the only option for extended capcity in newer laptops. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• theprogamer007
    theprogamer007 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    ok. Thanks for the info JackE. If someone else has got any info or got a custom high capacity pack, do share.
  • rich1974
    rich1974 Member Posts: 198 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    the poor battery life strikes again. you are lucky with 4 hours. on my side, after almost 3 years of usage, i get only  2 hours.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Battery life depends on many factors. If you unsinstall any non-Microsoft  virus scanners, set power saver mode plan, and adjust screen brightness to 50%, you can usually achieve 50-75% of the advertised new battery life with a two or three moderate demand apps running.  

Jack E/NJ