Simultaneous Blue and Orange power light flashing - G3-671-77QK (2017 Predator Helios Laptop)

moef16
moef16 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops
G3-671-77QK (2017 Predator Helios Laptop)

Hi,

I am getting a simultaneous blue and orange flashing light after gaming for a while.  It seems to go to battery mode as the discrete GPU turns off (big frame drop).  If I remove the charger and plug it back in it goes away, but the problem returns soon.

Any solutions?

Thanks

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Best Answer

• moef16

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Good news I've been playing games with no issues for a few days.  So it was the charger or wires from the charger.  Thanks for all the help.

Answers

• Can you check battery wear with hwinfo64? Have you tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • moef16

Tinkerer

Battery wear is 10.2%.  I will try the battery reset.
  • moef16

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    The computer should be off when I press the battery reset pin?  Thank you for the help I can't troubleshoot for a while so I'll test it later.

Edit - sorry I didn't watch your video.  That question is answered.
  • moef16

Tinkerer

I did the battery reset and am still having the same problem.  I get a "beep" which I think means it is getting no external power, then a huge frame drop.  If I remove the cord and plug it back it is ok for a few minutes but then the same thing happens.

Have there been reports of bad chargers causing this?

Another question, I saw a picture of people putting tape or paper over the battery reset button, what would be the purpose of this?

Thank you for the help.
  • Some models come with a power interruption button. Can you send a picture of the ram compartment?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • moef16

Tinkerer

edited April 2021
    Trying to upload a picture but it says failed to upload.  I ordered a new charger but it hasn't come yet so I haven't determined if that is the issue. I can tell it DOES have the reset button that I've seen people tape over.  Thank you.
  • moef16

Tinkerer

Update - I have been gaming with the new charger for a few hours with no issues.  Hopefully that was the entire problem.  I will report back after a few days of trying it.
  • moef16

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Good news I've been playing games with no issues for a few days.  So it was the charger or wires from the charger.  Thanks for all the help.
  • You are welcome.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

This discussion has been closed.