tc 895 ua91 is stuck by the mother board as far as more then 300w psu but will take 75w graphic card

Pyroo
Pyroo Member Posts: 6 New User
for future questions the motherboard is poop apperantly it limits to just 300 w..

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021
    Pyroo said:
    for future questions the motherboard is poop apperantly it limits to just 300 w..
    Pyroo, what is your question? Don't understand what your problem is all about? The problem with pre-built PC’s is that they don’t offer much room to upgrade. This is when you would upgrade to a graphics card without external power requirements. pretty decent GPU with low power, the graphics cards on this list are low power, most of them will work using a 300W power supply. That said, you don’t want to be in a situation where you’re having to underclock the GPU just to make your computer work. Pay attention to how much power the graphics card will draw and buy one that your power supply can handle. The TDP is the best indicator, but, many manufacturers will recommend using a power supply with a specific minimum wattage.

These are the best graphics card without external power requirements in order of the best:
    #1. Gigabyte GTX 1650
    #2. MSI GTX 1050 TI 
    #3. Sapphire  Radeon RX 550
    #4. Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030
    #5. MSI GeForce GT 1030 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    And, of course, the TC-895 uses an ATX12VO power supply, so the 500W version Acer makes for other models should be a drop in replacement. They just don't ship that model with a 500W installed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pyroo
    billsey said:
    And, of course, the TC-895 uses an ATX12VO power supply, so the 500W version Acer makes for other models should be a drop in replacement. They just don't ship that model with a 500W installed.
    i made this post with screen shot to show that acer itself says the motherboard limits to 300w psu.. which to me makes no sense.
  • Pyroo
    billsey said:
    i also got a email from corsair claiming this adapter https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/ATX12VO-Adapter-Cable/p/CP-8920272 will work with their type 4 24 pin psu's to atx12vo motherboards. so this post is mostly a answer before a question since these were questions that i had that were either answered poorly or not at all.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    That adapter looks like the PSU side is the wrong gender for the PSU to plug into... Do they maybe has modular cables so that adapter plugs directly into the PSU body instead of to the cable coming off the PSU?
    The thing Acer was really saying was that the model doesn't ship with a PSU larger than 300W. They only officially support what was shipped with.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.