Backlit keyboard still timing out even though I have it disabled in the UEFI settings. A515-43-R19L

Options
ExplorerSeth
ExplorerSeth Member Posts: 2 New User
Aspire 5 Slim. I've only had this laptop for about 24 hours and the backlit keyboard timing out after 30 seconds is very annoying. I searched around here and other sites and found how to disable this feature in the settings but even when I do so it still turns itself off after 30 seconds. Is there anything at all I can do to fix this? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change setttings that a currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally. Then turn it back on again. If it still times out, recheck the BIOS setup to make sure the timeout has stayed disabled. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ExplorerSeth
    ExplorerSeth Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It seems to be working now when the laptop is plugged in but doesn't when the laptop is unplugged. I can live with that. Thanks for the help, Jack! 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options
    OK. But you can still try changing your ControlPanel power plan to performance  mode if it's set to power saver or  balanced mode if the  options are available. If the options are not available, click on advanced power settings to see if there are any option folders related to the backlight timer. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ