I am new here. I came on this site because I have problems with mij - spin1 SP111-32N

toontje44
toontje44 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
My spin1 SP111-32N does not works any more. No start-up blinking, nothing.
I already replaced the internal battery. The old one did not give any voltage any more. The new battery worked well and it maintains 7.7 V. But no effect, the laptop does not start up
Can anyone help me with some usefull tips?
Do I have to replace the bios battery? Other suggestions?
Thank you already in advance !

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It's possible something didn't get connected fully when you put it back together. Can you open it back up and take some pictures to show as many of the connectors as possible?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • toontje44
    Thanks for your answer.
    In the picture you can see the connectors. 

• billsey
    I'm not seeing anything misconnected or seated at an angle there, so it ought to be working. Do the fans come on at all when you turn it on? If you connect an external display does anything show up on it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • toontje44
    Thanks Billsey, for helping me with your suggestions.
    In answer to your last post: No the fans don't come on, when I turn on. Externel display doesn't show anything either.

In other presented problems with non-starting laptops, I read in this Acer community about a failing BIOS, or exhausted bios batery. Could that be an issue or course for my problems too?
    Other laptops have a little hole in their metal case, where one can reset the bios. 
    In my Spin 111 laptop is no such reset hole. I even could not find any bios-battery inside it at all.

Do you have expierience about this, or could you help me with further tips, Billsey?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
  • billsey
    A failing BIOS won't affect the initial spin up of the fan, that's done in hardware before the BIOS is initialized. More likely there is a power issue, either no power from the battery or the power on switch isn't functioning at all. A bad BIOS or failed CMOS battery shows up after CPU initialization, when it first loads and starts to execute POST. The reset hole in many models is a reset of the battery, not the BIOS. Laptops these days have some smarts on the battery itself, to disable charging when they get too low. When a Lithium-Ion battery gets too down on a charge the lithium starts growing crystals of metal, which can puncture the layers within the battery, leading to short circuits, a bunch of heat and potentially fires. Thus the need for some smarts to disable them when too low. In normal usage, and even in longer term storage, the battery never gets that low. But your replacement battery should have fixed that issue.
    Can you check output voltage on the charger itself? And verify that voltage is getting from the charger to the MB?
  • toontje44
    It took some time to go on searching.
    - The startbutton inside the laptop: I canmot find any external damage on it. When pressing the button, I can see that the external mechanism pushes the switch on the print.
    - The output voltage of the charger reaches the connector on the board and comes inside the laptop. (19 volt).
    - The new battery delivers also his tension on the print behind the connector.
    - So I think that both the necessary voltages are present.

In the meantime I think that the course of not functioning of the laptop lies somewhere  in the internal electronic parts in the inside of the motherboard. Hard to find for a non professional that I am.
    Therefor I am pessimictic that we wil find the solution.  Unless you still have more suggestions?
    Thank you for your help. 

• billsey
    No, I'm afraid I am pretty much out of suggestions. You seem to have pinned it down quite well. :(