Mouse disconnets and reconnects automatically. - Predator Helios 300 - PH315-51

Options
ImSarj
ImSarj Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Predator Laptops

Hi!

I've had a problem with my USB ports for a few weeks now. Sometimes the mouse disconnects and then reconnects randomly and then it stops working completely, I fix it by rebooting my laptop everytime it happens. This happens inside games but also while I'm browsing. The first time it happened I tried changing the port but it didnt help, then I switched the ports with my keyboard and it didnt work either but after I switched back the ports and suddenly the keyboard stopped working. It looked like the mouse was haunted or something like whatever port it touched the port stops working. I fixed the issue by rebooting and the keyboard and mouse came back to life. The keyboard has no issues but the mouse is still having seizures to this day. 

I then tried using the same mouse with another PC and a macbook and I had no issues. So, I thought there was something wrong with the ports of my laptop, but when I tried a different mouse in the same laptop and also the same ports it worked fine. Now, I am confused about what may be the issue, my mouse seems to be working fine because it works on different systems but my laptop and the ports are fine too because I have used another mouse and evrything seemed normal. 

After the first times it happened I updated windows (didn't fix problem). Then I tried going to device manager and power management on root hubs and deselecting "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" (didn't fix problem). I have also tried going into the power plan and change USB settings to "USB selective suspend setting disabled" (didn't fix problem).

These are the things that are listed in my UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS:-
 1. Intel(R) USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 (Microsoft)

2. USB Composite Device

3. USB Composite Device

4. USB Composite Device

5. USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)

I have not uninstalled anything because I have a question. If I uninstall everything and restart my laptop will they get installed automatically (all of them) or do I have to download them manually after the restart ? Because if I have to install them manually then I dont know how to do it properly and it would help me a lot if somebody taught me how to do it,  but If it is an automatic installation after the restart then I can happily uninstall them. 
I have tried every other solution there is online but only thing left is uninstalling these drivers, and I just need the confirmation before uninstalling them. 

I dont get it, The issue resolves for some time  when I reboot the laptop and It makes me confused, I mean what is the problem here and how does it fixes itself by just rebooting? What is wrong here?

Please Help!

Also, the mouse with the issue is Logitech G300s,  And my laptop is  Acer Predator Helios 300.   Model No.- PH315-51

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try uninstalling and deleting the USB port driver and restarting windows. Windows update should download the driver automatically. Does the same problem occur when disabling PowerPlay with this program? https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/gaming/LGS_9.02.65_x64_Logitech.exe
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)