Nitro 5 AN515-54-51M5 - Battery will not charge back to 100%

Options
Bass4Life
Bass4Life Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an Acer Nitro 5 that I purchased less than 12 months ago. 

The battery will not charge back to 100% no matter what I try:
  • Hard Reset
  • Different Charger
  • Replacement Battery
  • BIOS reset
I have contacted Acer 4 or 5 times and had the laptop sent at least 3 different times now with the same problem. 
No matter what, I get the laptop back and the same problem persists. 

When I plug in the charger, the amber light turns on, and lets say the charging status is at 78%. I wait an hour and come back to find it sitting at 78%. 
When I hover over the battery icon in the toolbar, the status is supposed to say something like: "78% _ time to full charge"

Instead it says:
"78% available (plugged in)"

Has anyone else run into this problem? 
If yes, how did you go about fixing it?
My warranty will be up for the laptop in about 2 weeks so I feel it to be quite pointless to contact Acer support again.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! First try to reset the battery: turn off the computer, disconnect the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, leave the computer off for thirty minutes. Then, with the computer off, charge the battery until the LED is blue.

If the problem remains, check the battery for wear with the hwinfo64 and also check the bios version.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bass4Life
    Options
    OK! First try to reset the battery: turn off the computer, disconnect the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, leave the computer off for thirty minutes. Then, with the computer off, charge the battery until the LED is blue.

--Like I said in the OP, the LED doesn't turn blue...it stays amber b/c it won't charge fully regardless of whether I do a reset.

If the problem remains, check the battery for wear with the hwinfo64 and also check the bios version.

--The battery has been replaced twice by Acer Support.
    --Don't know what "hwinfo64" is. 

I've done the reset, checked for updates to the BIOS version. 
    Software and Hardware appear to not be the issue. 
    I am wondering if the charging port itself might be broken, it is a bit wiggly, but I honestly don't know what the issue is.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    OK! Download the hwinfo64 program and check the battery wear: https://www.hwinfo.com/download/
    Also make sure your battery is from panasonic:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options
    Contact your local Acer support services for assistance: https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Bass4Life
    Options

Just wanted to report back.

Its been a year, I've had the charger and battery replaced multiple times but I still run into this problem.

I am certain that the hardware within this laptop is faulty, but its far too late to get a replacement so I'll probably just end up getting a desktop computer and scrapping this one for parts.

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

I would check the charging circuit.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer