I have an Aspire XC-704G desktop which is being used for important legal work. Failed to start.

Options
PigEyes
PigEyes Member Posts: 2 New User
The video screen is still working. The rest of the machine is dead. I have checked the battery and it has 3.09 volts. I purchased a new power transformer with light. When connected, the light fast blinks. I dismantled the computer somewhat to make sure all wiring connections were secure. All are now secure. Still a fast blink. Power Button on machine does not light. Is the board dead? A storm came through nearby on April 8, 2021 when the damage event happened around 21:30. Please advise of more I can do if anything before I take to repair 65 miles distant. New power supply has correct diameter and length of connecting plug. All power and internet cables run through a uninteruppted power supply. Other computers did not have damage although the internet had to be relaunched.Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• PigEyes
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I appreciate the two answers.  I have purchased a 60 watt power supply with matching voltage and amps.  When plugged in, the power supply blinks.  I was going to check the motherboard today but, I worked on a truck for four hours, got so grimy that I had to take a shower and then worked another five hours at the office and forgot to eat lunch.  Then more work and now, I will just say thank you.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Double check to make sure the PSU you are using is large enough (they came with either a 65W or 90W) and it's giving you the 19V specced. For the short term I'd pull the HDD out, connect it to a different machine and grab the important files off. It's possible the storm gave you a power surge that popped the old supply, and possibly even did the motherboard in, but it's unlikely to have also zapped the HDD.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi PigEyes,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

Or

Book the unit for repair service,

• PigEyes
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I appreciate the two answers.  I have purchased a 60 watt power supply with matching voltage and amps.  When plugged in, the power supply blinks.  I was going to check the motherboard today but, I worked on a truck for four hours, got so grimy that I had to take a shower and then worked another five hours at the office and forgot to eat lunch.  Then more work and now, I will just say thank you.
This discussion has been closed.