Laptop switches off after disconecting power cord aspire 5 (Aspire A515-54G).

Beve
Beve Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi,
I have an acer aspire 5 (Aspire A515-54G). Untill today everything was fine with my battery (slightly worse working time, but i'm using it everyday for a year, so that seems normal). Today, after disconecting my power cord, my laptop turned off. I couldn't turn it back on, untill I've reconected it to power. Battery is fully charged, and it is seen by the system. I've tried everything I've found on the internet:
1) reseting battery (using reset pin at the bottom) (with 15s push of power button, 5s push reset battery, 5min wait).
2) updating system
3) uninstaling battery drivers and reinstalling them
4) turning off battery in device manager and restarting computer
5) doing "turn off batery, turn off computer, try to activate it after an hour
6) reinstating system from before this was a problem (version from 11 days ago)

that's all I can think off. This problem also persists in BIOS menu (when i disconect cord when i'm in bios - computer shuts down). Acer care center says, my battery is in good condition. I have it at 100% charge lvl and there is a light all the time that the computer is conected to power cord. If you have any ideas, please help.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• Beve
    Answer ✓
    Just received laptop back from repair - it was the motherboard issue - had to be replaced.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    I think the battery has failed and doesn't have enough power to supply the laptop.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Beve
    AnhEZ28 Thank you for your answer. Do you think it is possible, considering, that it was working fine basicly hour earlier? Can it simply go "poof" and it's completly toasted? Also, would it still display "good" in acer care? I'm asking as I'm not an expert in any way, but it doesn't seem propable to me
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder
    We never know when the battery just simply went bad completely. It doesn't mean anything much in Acer care.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Beve
    AnhEZ28 said:
    We never know when the battery just simply went bad completely. It doesn't mean anything much in Acer care.

Thank you for your response. I will send my laptop on a warranty check up - I will update after I will get it back (support said it could also be motherboard issue) - so others can see the solution
  • Beve
    Answer ✓
    Just received laptop back from repair - it was the motherboard issue - had to be replaced.
This discussion has been closed.