Veriton N6640g GPU Case

InfamousQ
InfamousQ Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi all,

I was wondering where I can get the expansion box for the veriton n6640g so I can fit a GPU?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The Veriton N6640G came in several models, but as far as I can determine they all had provisions for a PCIe x16 card to use as a GPU. They had different power supplies though, a 65W for the models without a GPU and a 90W for models with. Change to a 90W supply then pick up a GPU that's low enough power to run on the 25W difference. IIRC they originally came with either an AMD R7 430 or a NVIDIA GT710. Both were the low profile versions, in order to fit the case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • InfamousQ
    Hi billsey,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I can see the PCIe x16 but I have the 1l model. The website and supporting docs suggest you can get expansion boxes but for the life of me I can't find them. Do you have a suggestion to fitting a gpu without the expansion case?
  • billsey
    The expansion case didn't give any additional PCIe slots, it allowed for more storage instead. This is what I think the rear of your unit should look like:
    Am I wrong?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • InfamousQ
    Yeah it gave storage to fit the additional GPU. The PCIe slot is on the motherboard and with the expansion case it would be safely fitted. It's the expansion case I'm wanting to get. Any ideas on where to get on? I don't fancy having a GPU connected outside of a casing
  • InfamousQ
    Billsey, I see you can get a 3l case (all in parts - https://www.sparepartworld.com/acer/desktop/veriton-desktop-serie/veriton-n6660g-serie/case-61832369). Will this do the job? Would need a low profile GPU though
  • billsey
    Can you show us a picture of the back of your computer? The image I posted was what I thought you had, just without the GPU populated.