Acer Aspire VX5-591G, RAM Upgrade

Options
haloka
haloka Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi all, I'm new to the forum. I am looking to upgrade my RAM from 8gb to 16 GB, not replacing just adding another 8gb memory to the extra slot.
i have an acer vx5-591G 558Z (acer vx15).
can you suggest me a compatible ram :) 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Specs call for DDR4 2133/2400 SO-DIMM modules and it will work with either speed. It is better, however, to match the two modules. Either do as Brummyfan2 suggests to match the existing module, or if the existing is at 2133 replace it with a 2400 and use either a single 16GB or two 8GBs to achieve your 16GB goal. Note that faster modules than 2400 won't give you faster performance, they'll be stepped down to the 2400 the chipset supports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Download and install CPU-z, run it and find out the specs of your current memory module in SPD tab and Memory tab, buy another module of 8GB with same specs as your current module and install, you can buy different brand of memory but avoid buying any modules with  XMP profile, like KIngston HyperX or Corsair modules.
    CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Specs call for DDR4 2133/2400 SO-DIMM modules and it will work with either speed. It is better, however, to match the two modules. Either do as Brummyfan2 suggests to match the existing module, or if the existing is at 2133 replace it with a 2400 and use either a single 16GB or two 8GBs to achieve your 16GB goal. Note that faster modules than 2400 won't give you faster performance, they'll be stepped down to the 2400 the chipset supports.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • haloka
    haloka Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    thx guys :)
This discussion has been closed.