Nitro 5 AN515-55-528T SSD Upgrades

Options
Member Posts: 1 New User
edited April 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hi everyone, I'm a little confused as to the SSD upgrades for my model. Nowhere in the manual, nor through my attempts to ask through technical support have I been able to get an answer yet.

My laptop is advertised as having three storage slots: 1x NVMe SSD, and 1x 2.5 inch drive, but I can't find any info about what the third slot (the other one that appears to be an M2 slot) is.

I have opened the laptop and found the following:

The above image is an internal view of my laptop. Clearly, there is a 2.5 inch drive space (top right). The NVMe SSD (middle right) is what is being used right now.

This image shows the NVMe M2 chip (zoomed in) with the screw holding it in place and the connector on the other end. Note there is also writing saying "1.PCIe" on the top right.

This is the other slot (also zoomed in). Now, I can clearly see the connector and the screw, but there are a lot of different things.

1. Some kind of strap on the dark grey chip
2. Those wires connected to the fan in between
3. No text saying what kind of port this is
4. Those blue areas saying "USB" and "MB"

I have read reports saying some Nitro 5s have a SATA III slot and not a PCIe one. It depends on the model apparently and I can't get any consensus for mine. Could anyone with some knowledge please shed some insight? Thanks

Answers