my computer will slow down and when I go into my task manager it says that my Disk - ASPIRE A515-56

Member Posts: 1 New User
edited May 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I am new here. I have had my Acer computer for just over a year now. I just noticed recently that after it is in use for a bit, my computer will slow down and when I go into my task manager it says that my Disk is at 100%. How do I stop this from happening? - ASPIRE A515-56

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

//Edited the content to add model name on title.​​

Comments

• SigneHvidberg
    SigneHvidberg Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am also having some trouble with over heating but it is an Acer Aspire 5, 16 GB RAM, Intel core 5i:

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz   2.42 GHz
    Installeret RAM 16,0 GB (15,8 GB kan bruges)
    Enheds-id AC6F7A3B-6DA9-49AB-A671-412BDAA00968
    Produkt-id 00325-81954-28736-AAOEM
    Systemtype 64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor
    Pen og touch Denne skærm understøtter ikke input via pen og touchinput

At least I think it is the heat, that is causing the problem - when I play Galactic Civilization 3, it keeps crashing after a while and it is generating a lot of heat - probably because it is working too hard. I just bought this laptop end of February / start March and I did not expect this to cause me any trouble this early on.

I would also like to know what I can do about it, what is causing my troubles with over heating and crashing and how to solve it - has anyone had similar experinces and what can I do about it?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi,

May I know the model name of your unit.
  • SigneHvidberg
    SigneHvidberg Member Posts: 3 New User
    Easwar said:
    Hi,

May I know the model name of your unit.
    Hi Easwar

Model name: ASPIRE A515-56

Enhedsnavn LAPTOP-BT5P01VB
    Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz   2.42 GHz
    Installeret RAM 16,0 GB (15,8 GB kan bruges)
    Systemtype 64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor
    Pen og touch Denne skærm understøtter ikke input via pen og touchinput

I did a little digging and I read, that I should run the Epic game launcher as administrator - so I did and it helped a bit, I mean, I am now able to play for a longer period of time, but at some point it still gets overheated and crashes after around 3-4 hours.
    This is much better but still not satisfying - do you have any solutions to my problem?

Kind regards,
    Signe