I Feel So Old

Member Posts: 5 New User
Hey everyone. I’m 47 now and browsing the discussions, not only do I feel way older than I am, I feel like I’m a character on “LOST”.  Back when I was going to Penn State, I was learning about DOS. NOW, you can download that onto your laptop as if it were nothing at all. (I probably didn’t even say that right). He$&, my first computer was an Atari 800XL. But, over the years, I’ve been pulled away from technology. I took the exit ramp years ago, waved to my son as he sped by, and now I’m trying to get back on the tech highway. I was just starting to understand my Android phone when my wife switched me over to an iPhone. Now, I have that and a Chromebook. It’s kinda cool because it’s like my phone. I really want to use it for a few things but I’m even lost trying to figure out what are the right programs for me. Honestly,I want to use it for more than my initial desires of research and writing while listening to music. I’m ready to get a typewriter. How can someone like me be introduced into this new world I’m seeing and unlock the potential that lies within?