Acer VG240Y not displaying the full 144hz

Member Posts: 1 New User
It was working fine yesterday with no issues but as soon as I got home today it stopped allowing me to go up to 144 and only 60. Any fixes?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,544 Trailblazer
     said:
    It was working fine yesterday with no issues but as soon as I got home today it stopped allowing me to go up to 144 and only 60. Any fixes?

There could be allot of factors to why your Acer VG240Y is not displaying the WXGA+ 1440X900 at 60Hz as its capabilities are as high as UXGA 1920X1080 at 75Hz full HD mode 16.7M colours. Test your monitor with other lower or a higher resolutions and see if they work? It could be your computer input source that has problems, your cable and plugs are damaged or the monitors "Input" settings e.g. HDMI has changed and/or the "Auto Source" has changed etc etc go through all the settings and see if they have been changed prematurely? Or that components have not expired and/or gotten damaged or they are not functioning perfectly and your VG240Y needs servicing.

It doesn't matter if your monitor worked yesterday and its not working today as any setting errors and/or faulty components could fail and need servicing and/or the latest driver software needs to be reinstalled (from the Acer VG240Y site) or the monitor firmware which has to be done by Acer as its a complicated update and you need special tools. So go through all the above systematically and diagnose them, if not take it to an Acer service outlet. Good luck and hope this helps.