Hello, I want to install a hard drive to my Acer A315-23-R252

Unchajusmada
Unchajusmada Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, I want to install a hard drive in my Acer A315-23-R252, what cable and bracket do I need? Preferably in the United States, Miami or whit shiping thank you very much.
And another thing, they told me that the part number of the cable was: 50.HGLN7.003, but in the stores where they have it they say that it is for another model of Laptop, if they can answer the doubt I would appreciate it.

Hola, quiero instalar un disco duro en mi Acer A315-23-R252, ¿qué cable y soporte necesito? Preferiblemente en Estados Unidos, Miami o que lo puedan enviar muchas gracias.
Y otra cosa, me dijeron que el número de pieza del cable era: 50.HGLN7.003, pero en las tiendas donde lo tienen dicen que es para otro modelo de Laptop, si pueden responder la duda agradecería eso.

brummyfan2 said:
Hi,
Part number for the cable: 50.HGLN7.003
Part number for the bracket: 33.HGLN7.001
For the screw size refer to my snips, you can also contact Acer support centre in US, the will be able to find a retailer near you.
Examples:Acer Aspire 5 A515-44 A515-44G A515-54 A515-54G Hard Drive HDD Connector & Cable 50.HGLN7.003 - Walmart.com - Walmart.com
CDS Parts - Acer Aspire 5 A515-54 A515-54G Hard Drive Bracket Caddy 33.HGLN7.001
Contact Us with Any Questions | Acer Official Site

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    edited April 2021 Answer ✓
    If in the US or CA, you can request an ACER 2.5" drive installation kit from  this link

However, I would not recommend adding a metal bracket and screws to a laptop that's already crowded enough inside. I instead immobilize and protect 2.5 HDDs or SSDs inside laptops with anti-static foam. 

The correct cable part no. is 50.HGLN7.003 that is used in many different models including your a315-23. So I would only use this cable along with foam, no bracket or screws.

Jack E/NJ

Answers