not charging E5-576G-57W4

HussainBoss
HussainBoss Member Posts: 13 New User
hi my acer aspire  E5-576G-57W4 just died and stopped charging i only get the error battery critically low is there a quick fox or do I have to send it to repair???

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,773 Trailblazer
    Measure output of charger plug between outer ring and center hole with a multimeter. Should be about 19vdc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• christy1
    christy1 Member Posts: 1,619 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    HussainBoss
    Flip the unit and check for the pin hole. put a pin and press and hold for 30sec. now connect the charger and check if there is an orange or blue light. try to turn on the unit and check. Also check if the charger is warm, different wall sockets. it can be a charger issue also. lets see. post the reply. 

Image result for laptop battery pinhole

Accept if its Helpful.   B)
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi HussainBoss,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected for charging. 
  • bobblevins
    bobblevins Member Posts: 3 New User
    Same issue - no power and will not charge or turn on - battery reset did not help - no lights when charger is connected. Charger works on another machine
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi bobblevins,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• bobblevins
    It is a Acer E5-576G-5762
  • JackE
    >>>Charger works on another machine>>>
    What other machine?

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    hi my acer aspire  E5-576G-57W4 just died and stopped charging i only get the error battery critically low is there a quick fox or do I have to send it to repair???

As its been suggested above, you can do all those steps but and if those steps don't work then your charging problems of your laptop can be other and numerous things especially if your charger works and the battery works also. In most cases its an internal chip problem that and unless you are a technician you should not attempt to fix and or change, as its probably the MOSFET transistor chip (metal–oxide–semiconductor field-effect transistor that is a 50c item) connected to your charging circuitry (that all laptops have) which is a type of insulated-gate that filters power and is really a safety transistor chip so that your laptop doesn't short other chips and its another safety, this chip can be ether replaced and/or removed easily by a technician and if removed it won't affect the laptops operation and your laptop will charge. What I suggest is for you to take your laptop to an experienced technician that can diagnosis your charging problems as resetting and changing the battery will not fix anything as its an internal chip problem and most likely this is the only thing that is wrong with your laptop. 
  • bobblevins
    Hi Jack E
    I have two identical units and the charger in question works on the non-affected machine
  • JackE
    Did you try jiggling the plug to see if the charge LED even flashes. If not, the next most likely failure is the battery itself. You might try the other battery if you're not ready to spend $25 to try a new replacement.

Jack E/NJ