Rescue media

Geordiemick
Geordiemick Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Just paid £40 for this and they don't even let you know what to do. So I've took a multi guess and booted the laptop up from it and just letting it go as its nothing like the one on the support page on YouTube. God help someone who is totally clueless. 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,160 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! I am not sure if you have already managed to install Acer erecovery. But, if you still have not succeeded, disable secureboot and change the sata mode to ahci. Also activate the f12bootmenu so that you can select the usb stick. Then, the installation will begin!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,160 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! I am not sure if you have already managed to install Acer erecovery. But, if you still have not succeeded, disable secureboot and change the sata mode to ahci. Also activate the f12bootmenu so that you can select the usb stick. Then, the installation will begin!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Geordiemick

Tinkerer

I've booted it through the bios menu via F2, though if you aren't happy with using a pc, this can be a bit disconcerting. Had I known it was just going to boot normally, I could have just gone through settings /reset/advanced start, but as they don't give you instructions, how would anyone know unless you know? Thanks for your fast response. I've still got the original problem as yet, but at least now I know what it isn't. 
  • So, answer me if I'm wrong: Were you able to install or not the erecovery that you purchased on the acer website? Or were you able to install erecovery but are just having problems with the sound driver?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Geordiemick

Tinkerer

I've installed erecovery andwaa having trouble with the realtek driver, which I now hope I've cleared by resetting and seems to have worked. I hope. 
  • Geordiemick

Tinkerer

I've found the update causing the problem. It is an optional update from Intel system- 1/1/1970 12.00am 10.1.1.42 which unistalled the driver and installed nothing back. So basically, I'm an eejit and been beating myself to death for nothing. Lol.
  • So the problem with the sound has been solved?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer