Monitor sent for repair under warranty- so many issues and delays, 2 months later I'm being ignored

Options
gerbilfodder
gerbilfodder Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,

I contacted Acer for my monitor to be repaired under warranty, having contacted the retailer and being told this was the course of action to take. Acer claimed it had a 1-year warranty and was therefore not covered, where the retailer, manual, and all sites I checked say 2-year. The retailer told me to state this and keep doing so until Acer accepted the repair.

I finally had the request approved and returned the monitor. There have been massive delays, far greater than I'd expect even the pandemic to cause, and the time between the tracking being updated to "delivered" from the courier and hearing from Acer that they'd received it was huge, which was rather worrying.

I've chased this repair up so many times now that it's got to the point where, after leaving ample time (2 weeks) for a response to my last message and getting nothing, I've had to resort to signing up here in hopes of some advise. I haven't heard anything from Acer since the 9th of March now. I responded to that message 18 minutes after receiving it and have been completely ignored since, despite sending a further 4 messages, the first after waiting a full 2 weeks.

I returned a monitor with what appeared to be a manufacturing defect for repair/replacement under warranty and it seems to have vanished, with the company now refusing to even communicate with me. Accordingly to the courier tracking, it was received by Acer on 21st of January. The latest status online states:

"We are currently performing the repair on your product.
Our service team strives to return your repaired product within 7 to 10 days from the time we received it.
We will send you email when your repair is completed, and a second email once the product has shipped.
Last Updated On 2/1/2021 10:56:07 AM"

I assume this is the 1st of Feb, so it's now been 2 months, which far exceeds that 7-10 day expectation, and I still don't have any useful information regarding it.

I would be grateful for any assistance available.

Thanks!

Answers

• gerbilfodder
    gerbilfodder Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Wow. Acer's customer service is one of the worst I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. There have been huge delays between messages back from them and a blatant disregard for me as a customer. I still haven't managed to get much more detail from them. They claim the monitor was received damaged in a way which would void the warranty, and eventually sent a photograph which might be of the screen with a crack in it (it's too dark and blurry, and too close-up, to really tell). It left me undamaged, securely packaged, and was collected by Acer's courier, UPS, who won't deal with me as it wasn't my shipment. Acer ask me to respond to a quote or proposal which I've never received. They suggested at one point that I purchase an extended warranty to cover this damage, and there's been some mention of a return fee. I returned a monitor for repair under the manufacturer's warranty, and nothing had occurred which would void this before it left me, so my expectation is that I receive a working monitor or equivalent in return, whether Acer needs to claim from UPS in the meantime or otherwise. Why is this so hard for Acer's support to understand / acknowledge? It's been months. Sort it out.

If any other users have knowledge on what exactlyXXXXXXXXXXXX in this situation, could you please let me know? I'll do some research myself, but it'd be great to have some advice from other knowledgeable users. Thanks!

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
     Hi gerbilfodder,

Very sorry to hear and see what you are experiencing base on the information you are proving the community here, we apologize for the inconveniences caused, unfortunately, the Acer community is not a platform designed for Acer technical support, customer service, or escalations, it is designed as a peer to peer support community in which users help other users just like you with troubleshooting tips to attempt resolving a problem or modification needed, we do have superfans that are users who have acquired our superfan program title for achieving certain criteria when it comes down to helping other users, also moderators as me and we are Acer employees but we are only moderating and maintaining the Acer community based on our policy and ACUA terms and conditions, we do not have the tools needed as an Acer technical support agent that can access, account information, escalation tickets, case ID orders, etc. For this reason, we ask you to please contact our local Acer support team/call center and ask to be escalated to higher team management to create an escalation for the reasons that you have specified above, also any reports and claims you want to file against the service repair center as well you can do it. From our knowledgeable users, you can definitely get tips on trying to help you with any troubleshooting needed specifically on any issues your unit may present but they do not have the ability to help on anything related to UPS or the Acer repair center questions, i assume that if the issue was in the mailing process then a claim needs to be followed to UPS, but if the problem did not happen during the mailing process then, that might be the reason they a declining any actions or claims.

Note: We will close this thread. 

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
This discussion has been closed.