Newest BIOS for Acer Veriton E430

mstrd308
mstrd308 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello,

i am looking for the newest BIOS for a Acer Veriton E430, but I am a little bit confused:
- Acer Veriton E430
- Current BIOS: P21-A4
- Motherboard: H61H2-AM3 V.1.0

What I read in the internet and specially on this community is, that I need a P21-* version of BIOS to match the computer.
So does that mean, that P21-B4 of the link below is the newest available BIOS for my purposes?

I've got that link from another community thread. If this one will NOT fit, what will be the correct and newest one to fit?

Thanks a lot in advance,

mstrd308

Answers

• mstrd308
    I forgot to mention, the computer is running on Windows 10 Pro x64. Sry! :-)
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,430 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
  • Larryodie
    The link diesn't seem to work so Google  acer veriton e430 support
  • mstrd308
    Larryodie said:
    The link diesn't seem to work so Google  acer veriton e430 support
    I think it does work. :-) Thanks

But it shows P11.A4 available. I am not sure if this is the correct one?
    It seems that there are different versions of Veriton E430 with differnet BIOS on it. So, I am not sure what to do now.. Should I just try it?
  • Larryodie
    It has a 'Readme" that may help. 
    Download and unzip to read. I can't read it because it's MS word and MS wants to do free trials, etc etc etc. The files are dated 5/2013 so quite old. What version of Bios do you have now ? BTW, I'm no expert on anything but I loved to help by finding answers. Good Luck

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    The link you show is for a different Veriton model, the M6630G, not the E430. That very likely will either not work, or worse case it'll give you a nice brick to use to hold a door open. It looks like Acer's support site is having issues right at the moment, at lease for me. Try back later to get the correct BIOS versions available for your system, or don't bother to try and update the BIOS at all. Unless there is something specifically called out in the BIOS notes that matches a problem you are having, there's not a lot of incentive to change.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.