Brand new Aspire 3 A317-52 Laptop purchased from ACER Store and warranty not found, WTF??

Bohratom
Bohratom Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

I've owned 3 Acer Laptops over the last 5 years and have been happy with all 3 of them thus far. A week ago Acer's Store had a great deal on a New Acer Aspire 3 A317-52 which included the 1 year limited warranty so I purchased one and it arrived this week. I've been very happy with it and using it's SN/SNID I was able to register the laptop to my ACER online account which shows the other laptop/Chromebooks I own. I then did the usual check warranty online and low and behold it said my new laptop had no warranty as the SN or SNID could not be found. Of course at first I thought, did the ACER Store just sell me a used product with no warranty so I went and checked it online and it shows it's a new Laptop with the 1 year limited mail-in warranty which can be found here: https://store.acer.com/en-us/aspire-3-laptop-a317-52-565s

So of course I decided to check with chat online and that goes bad as the SN/SNID was not found as valid so nobody can help me. Next I call their support number and after around being switched around by numerous people telling me the SN/SNIDI have was not in their system they tell me to call back in a week to see if their support system finally includes my SN/SNID. That's where things stand now but the reason I'm posting this in the ACER Support is to find out if this is normal when purchasing a new Laptop that warranty support does not yet show the status of the laptops SN/SNID?

thanks for anyone that knows, wasted 1+ hour thus far to resolve this issue and time is money... LOL