Windows 10 USB Drivers - Aspire 7739

Mou999
Mou999 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey everyone,
I have a Aspire 7739 which originally came with windows 7, I recently installed the windows 10 and now the USB ports no longer recognize a flash drive. I’m looking for the driver downloads if at all possible.

CHEERS

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​//Edited the content to add model name on title.​

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,397 Trailblazer
    Mou999 said:
    Hey everyone,
    I have a Aspire 7739 which originally came with windows 7, I recently installed the windows 10 and now the USB ports no longer recognize a flash drive. I’m looking for the driver downloads if at all possible.

CHEERS

USB's software is pretty reliable and don't just stop working and/or Win-10 doesn't recognise them. Have you checked the flash drive on another computer and/or the USB port with other devices? Look in Device Manager for the appropriate USB faulty device if its a software problem as it should have a faulty sign besides the appropriate faulty USB part, if its not there then it must be the actual USB plug that is faulty or worn out and is not making contact with the deice that you are plugging in. There are allot of variables to these sorts of component wear and tear that is not software related, so check if the plug is actually working (as your Aspire 7739 is a pretty old laptop) and USB plugs are prone to wear and tear and they can be fixed and/or replaced.