Battery dead? Laptop down immediately after disconnecting charger Aspire V7-482P

Ivar
Ivar Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi all, 
I'm new here :-) 
Despite the fact that there are plenty of topics about batteries and charging issues, I opened a new one, since "all the others" couldnt solve the issue at hand.

Laptop: Acer Aspire V7-482P-54208G50tii (bought in 2014)
Battery: AP13B8K (4ICP6/60/80)
Problem: When disconnected from charging cable; laptop is down immediately

Error codes chronologically:
1. Battery light was blinking orange
2. Battery light was/is orange  - Battery status: Connected - 0 %
3. Battery light is off - Battery status: connected - 100% charged (sometimes it even provides a 255% available (plugged in) )
Number 2 and 3 are repeating each other from time to time. Haven't seen number 1 for a while now.... 

I've tried the following solutions: 
A) Turned off and turned on (yeah)
b) Reinstalled drivers via 'device manager' (Battery ... ACPI ... and Microsoft AC-Adapter)
C) Rebooted with default booting settings
D) Used a pin to reset battery via bottom of laptop (~hold it for 20 - 40 - 50 sec)
E) Opened the back of the laptop (screws) and disconnected battery (built-in battery) and rebooted several times
F) Checked the "battery switch" which is located on the motherboard. Battery switch seems to work just fine
G) Checked the power plug, everything seems fine. 
H) Tried two charging cables. Both having the same result

It seems like (but I cant be 100% sure) that when I touch the laptop it has a higher change of "Suddenly turning off". 

I tried two tools to check the battery status, both attached:
I) powercfg /batteryreport  --- Shows a declining "Full charge capacity"
II) BatteryInfoView --- Shows 0% capacity

I'm thinking about buying a new battery, but hope someone could give me a bit more hope that that is the solution. 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Looks like the battery is dead, and Windows doesn't detect any battery. Yup, the only solution is getting a new battery.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,070 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Looks like the battery is dead, and Windows doesn't detect any battery. Yup, the only solution is getting a new battery.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited March 2021
    Hi Ivar,

# Power drain,

At bottom of the laptop there will be tiny pin hole with battery symbol close to it. Insert pin or paper clip into that hole press and hold it for 30-40 seconds.

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • Ivar
    Hi @Easwar,
    Tried that indeed (point D). Just checked it again to be sure, unfortunately same error keeps occurring.

Thanks for your reply as well @AnhEZ28. I will just wait a few days, maybe another solutions pops up, otherwise a new battery (and reply to the topic) it will be 
  • Ivar
    Sorry for the late reply, but I have bought another battery and that solved the issue.

Thanks for your help!