Laptop switches off without warning of low battery! Aspire 5

Gordon2
Gordon2 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire 5 laptop which I have not used for sometime so I have re started it after factory settings (it is Win 10). I set it all up exactly the same as before and eveything works perfectly except for a battery notification problem.
The battery is fine and it charges fully in about 60 mins and lasts for about 3 hrs which is good. However - when I used it previously I think I set the battery to advise me when it reachedd 15% capacity and I know a little battery icon showed at the bottom right of the screen which I clicked on to show remaining charge (this icon is still there and does show such) but it know longer warns me to plug in to mains.
Instead it just suddenly switches off losing what I was looking at. I went into battery in settings and there are a number of options which I cannot seem to get correct?
Thanks everyone

Thread was edited to add model name to the title and to hide personal information

Best Answer

• Gordon2

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thanks JackE - that worked! I appreciate your answering so fast
    Gordon

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click 'batteries' folder. Right click and uninstall ALL battery drivers you find in this folder. Exit Device Manager without trying to reinstall anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows re-detect the battery and charger, and auto re-install the drivers. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Gordon2

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thanks JackE - that worked! I appreciate your answering so fast
    Gordon
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Congrats on your success. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.