How to set boot sequence in BIOS Aspire 517-52

ark6154
ark6154 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have a new Aspire 517-52 with a 256G SSD boot drive and an empty 1T HDD. I want to load windows 10 on the HHD. How do you change the boot sequence in BIOS. It shows UEFI but doesn't list any of the drives. Any help?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Booting Win10 from the HDD is absolutely not recommended as it will slow the machine down to a crawl. You should use the HDD as the D ; \ drive and retain the SSD as the Win10 boot drive C ; \ . The boot sequence cannot be changed without disabling secure boot. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ark6154
    ark6154 Member Posts: 3 New User
    I just want to know how to make visible and then be able to change the order of all of my boot devices. Weather or not it's a good idea or could cause problems. How do I get BIOS to list my drives?
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    The HDD must already have an operating system installed on it if you want to try to boot from it. To install an operating system, you must prepare a USB operating system installation boot stick. Then enable and save the F12 boot option in the BIOS menu Main tab. Then shut the machine off. Insert the USB boot stick. Then turn the machine on and immediately start tapping the F12 key to bring up the Windows boot manager. This will allow you to boot from the USB stick and install the operating system on the HDD. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ