Aspire ES1-531 why not have x32 driver support?

Ni2Katleti
Ni2Katleti Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Hello, why Acer Aspire ES1-531 not have x32 driver support? if i install windows 10 or 8.1 x32 bit where i can download drivers for this because my laptop have only 2 GB ram and i think if i install x64 it will be heavy OS
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6061?b=1

Best Answer

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    It will be fine :) 64 bit just increases the ammount of memory addressable, and enables the proccessor to do more "stuff" at once. It wil use a smige more ram but not by much!

Answers

• Leostat
    Answer ✓
    It will be fine :) 64 bit just increases the ammount of memory addressable, and enables the proccessor to do more "stuff" at once. It wil use a smige more ram but not by much!
  • Ni2Katleti
    Ni2Katleti Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Leostat said:
    you sure with exact that model?
    i do that to another PCs with 2 gb ram and tested x32 and x64 windows and x64 yes have backward compatibility but it's much heavy than x32 OS and using x64 take more resources then x32
    and why acer do not make x32 drivers for this laptop can anyone explain?
  • Leostat
    it takes twice the effort to maintain both 64 and 32 bit drivers :), some are as easy as cross compiling, whereas others have to have specific instructions turned on and off for the two versions which in turn means more time to test / check before release. 64 bit shouldnt use too many more resources, things compiled are bigger but not usually by much. Are you seeing quite the drop with the same version across both 32/64?

For the celron the biggest thing will be background tasks in windows 10 eating up cycles. The biggest offendor of which is usually the search indexer