See photo of error message tried to reinstall windows from USB stick aspire 7

LindaY
LindaY Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Based on other posts tried to reinstall windows with usb stick that did not work also did the repair did not work. Someone told me perhaps corruption with windows 10 and registery files ? Have the aspire 7 laptop. Cannot bring up the laptop have gotten to f2 and using UEUF 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    How did you install the win 10 usb, was it using the media creation toolkit :)?

It looks like its not booting from the USB, when you hit f2 what options are available, and does maching F12 when you turn it on drop it into the boot selection menu?
  • LindaY
    LindaY Member Posts: 2 New User
    I went to Microsoft media creation tool on my other laptop and created windows 10 on the usb. it did boot from the usb since I was able to get the screen install windows repair etc. I tried to do the repair but it said it could not repair then when I did the install upgrade etc and you can see the photos not compatible? Any suggestions?
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    So is the first boot error when you try and boot into windows? And do you hae the full model number :)?

If the error is the first image then it wont be possible to do the repair using the media creation tool im afraid, if you have stuff you want from the laptop  you may still be able to get stuff off the laptop though to back it up by booting into something like Ubuntu in live mode (  https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/create-a-usb-stick-on-windows#1-overview  )